Wednesday, October 04, 2006


The Dalai Lama Drives Too Fast

The Dalai Lama came back to Dharamsala yesterday (I'm not sure where he was), and there was all kinds of excitement in the town. Many of the shops and cafes were closed, and the streets, except for Temple Road, were very empty. Everyone gathered around Temple Road, and many of the monks and nuns were carrying flowers to greet him with.

He was running late, but I thought I managed to find a pretty decent viewing spot, except that when word spread that he was minutes away, tons of people moved in and started pushing and shoving. You know, for peace-loving hippies, they sure know how to use their elbows.

Anyway, I'm not sure if the wait was worth it. He went by in a split second and I almost missed it. And then it was over. One woman next to me said half the time its a decoy. So basically I waited two hours to see a glimmer of a man who might not even have been the Dalai Lama.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home