Friday, September 15, 2006

Indian Style, Western Style

Yesterday I began my journey around the "Golden Triangle" (Delhi-Agra-Jaipur). Up until now, I'd had the luxuryin Delhi of always having access to a Western-style toilet. But on the early morning express train to Agra, I had my first experience with the Indian version: a hole. I was fortunate enough to have the extra challenge of making my debut while on a moving train. I've had enough backpacking exprience that I've mastered the squatting technique so it didn't become trickyuntil I tried to use the water for cleansing. I splashed more on my pants than myself. Great. Now as I walk back to my seat, everyone will whisper, "Look, the American girl peed on herself," which I swear was not the case. Well, I did have a little bit of backsplash on my shoes, but I figure these Chacos have mucked through far worse already. At least this time I knew it was myown urine. The best part of this whole ordeal? When I exited the WC, the one right across from it was labeled "Western Style."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home