Friday, September 15, 2006

Photographing the Taj Mahal

I recently made fun of a certain someone for the infinite amount of pictures he took of the Taj Mahal during his trip to India. It's possible that I will need to eat my words for two reasons. One, I am not a very good photographer so I rationalize that if I take 100 pictures, then about eight of them will be decent. Second, you can't help it. It's just that beautiful. It looks superimposed against the hazy blue sky. It's surreal to stand in front of something you've seen immortalized in photographs your entire life. So you take more, just in case you happen to forget what it looks like (and, of course, to prove that you've seen it live). And for the record, no picture of the Taj Mahal is really bad, except for maybe the goofy one of me pretending to touch the top that the guide convinced me to take.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home