Sunday, October 22, 2006


My Current Obsessions

These are my three favorite children on earth right now (l. to r.) Piyush, Raunauk, and Shaswat. The other day Shaswat said, "Lindsey ma'am, when I graduate class 12, I will come live with you in America." I replied, "Oh? And when will you graduate class 12?" "In 10 years," he said.

I read in a recent issue of The Times of India that Madonna is adopting a one-year-old Malawian boy. Is this true? (I'm a little out of the current events loop.) So I was thinking, I would be totally in vogue and in the company of the likes of Madonna and Angelina Jolie if I came home from India with a child.

On an unrelated topic, in the same issue of the Times, the front page carried the headline, "US seeks to rule the universe." I thought, My God, George Bush has gone and declared himself king of the universe. What else has happened since the last time I had my hands on a newspaper? (I read on to find out that he hasn't yet declared himself master of the universe, but that the U.S. is trying to limit the rights to space.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home